Image Map

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Take a step back

I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough. -- Red Skelton

It's very easy to allow myself to get overwhelmed by life. There is a lot to worry about, to think about, to decide, to organize, to deal with. I can usually keep things in perspective. But, sometimes it's not so easy. The daily grind can wear me down. I read the newspaper and things that are happening out there in the world weigh on me.

It's times like those that it's good to take a step back. Just breath. Try and look at the bigger picture. Speaking of pictures, going through my picture folder can help keep me grounded. Pictures make me smile, make me laugh, make my heart swell with love for my friends and family and pets. I would like to share a set of pictures that I took last weekend. I think I can learn a lot about life from these pictures.




1 comment: