Image Map

Friday, April 24, 2009

Holy Wind Storm, Batman!

I woke up at about 4:30 this morning to the sound of the wind. It was very strange to have so much wind without any thunder, lightening, or rain. Just wind. And then I looked up and realized that the ceiling fan was no longer spinning. I turned over to nudge Jeremy and he was already up with a flashlight.

We got up and took a look out the back windown. The patio chairs where turned over, cushions against the fence, one of my bird feeders was missing. Great. We set an alarm on my cell phone and try to go back to sleep. It's not so easy. Do you know how quiet it gets in a house when nothing is running? Very. And it was a little warm. Jeremy was tossing and turning, I was busy thinking about how I was suppose to fix my hair for work.

At about 6:30, just in time for me to get up and start getting dressed for work, the lights come back on. The hair went under a baseball cap because there was no time to fix it. At least I got my morning coffee. And thank GOODNESS for the coffee, because work was craptastic! Our system wasn't working right all day long. So, we worked everything we could and then had to sit there and watch the work that we couldn't do pile up. Around 3:15 the system is back up, it only took them seven hours, but because of the piled up work everyone had to stay two extra hours. AAANNND, they scheduled eight hours for tomorrow. That's right, EIGHT hours..on a SATURDAY. UGH. I'm crossing my fingers that they send us home early.

The bright spots in my day:

I got a hair cut. Nothing too major, basically a really good trim. It feels really good. Can't wait to play with it some more.

The gift I bought for my sister's graduation came in. It's even better in person! Can't wait to give it to her.

1 comment:

  1. That's so strange! It's getting like that here now. I actually prefer it super windy over rain, i'm weird like that. LOL..

    ReplyDelete