Image Map

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I smell a pecan pie baking..


Picture by myself of my husband and his band mates rehearsing.

"Men want the same thing from their underwear that they want from women: a little bit of support, and a little bit of freedom." ~ Jerry Seinfeld

I swear, y'all. I haven't seen this house so clean in months. Jeremy was in a cleaning frenzy yesterday because we are having company today. His friends from work, and his band mates, are coming over for a bbq. We have sausage, we have potato salad (which I sort of refused to make from scratch), we have stuffed jalapenos, and we have a pecan pie (which I DID make from scratch, right down to the crust..so it makes up for the potato salad). And, a brisket is going to make it's way here sometime today.

That brisket better be worth it, too. My husband was nearly crushed by a falling mesquite tree branch to smoke that stupid brisket. He has the scratches all over his back to prove it. I can't say that Jeremy didn't bring it upon himself (ha ha). It was his smart idea to have Stuart pull the ladder out from under him so he could "jump" (i.e. fall) to the ground and just break off a little bit of the branch. Instead the whole thing came down on him. Men...and their bright ideas.

Last night we went to see Candlebox play (with the same group we will be seeing today). I didn't even realize it, but I guess I can mark off #50 from my 101 list (Go see a rock concert). It was an interesting evening. Graham's never fails to amaze me with how much they THINK they are a 'high class' place. The drinks are overpriced and watered down, and the plastic chairs that were provided on the patio are all busted up. Just what you need with a bunch of drunk people around, broken plastic chairs. Speaking of people, I can't decide what was more fun..watching the band..or the crowd. These women *shakes head* are something else. Considering they won't let guys wear football jersey's, I think they should enforce a dress code for women. No one needs to see all of that, not everyone WANTS to see all that. Anyway, the people watching was highly entertaining and a little disturbing. And it reminded me all over again of why we don't ever go to Graham's.

And can I just say how much fun I am having poking fun at my husband and his friends. I really am just teasing, because it's been great to see Jeremy having such a good time with his buddies. But I do like to joke about them acting like teenage girls. They see each other nearly every day at work and still call each other in the evenings. Ha ha. If I didn't know better, I might be worried about having to fight them for trying to steal my man. (JUST KIDDING, Honey!! I love you! ha ha)

1 comment:

  1. Love it when I can poke fun at my hubby! It's great... I feel like I'm around my siblings when I get the chance :D

    ReplyDelete