Sunday, July 27, 2008

I nearly burnt my boobs off!


"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." ~ Chinese Proverb

On Friday, we bought two new candles for the house. One is in the living room and one is back here in the office. It's sitting on a ledge that is over the computer monitor. I guess I was banging away on the keyboard too hard because the candle fell off the ledge.

It tumbled onto the keyboard and then on to ME and then onto the floor....still burning, no less. I was screaming like a mad woman, jumping up to make sure my tank top didn't catch on fire. I'm glad none of the animals were sleeping under my feet. Wax got EVERYWHERE. On the desk, on the keyboard, on the mouse, office chair, ME (all over my hands and leg), my tank top and the floor.

Gah!

I'm typing very softly now and the candle has a new home on the ledge safely sitting on a curved candle plate.

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh! so very glad to hear your boobs are still in tact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. owie owie owie!!!

    and I swear I'm not laughing at you. *promise*

    ReplyDelete