Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just some random stuff




Pictures by myself of my nephew, Mack, enjoying life.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." ~ Brendan Gill

I have a wedding to go to this evening. It's not until 6:00, but the reception is outside and it's scorching hot today. So, I'm crossing my painted toes and hope that it cools off just a little this evening. I'll be rocking my new do AND my red dress (which I have yet to wear out). Also, I'll be meeting my sisters...er..um...gentleman friend..for the first time this evening. My Mom has already meet him so now it's big sisters turn to take his measure.

Things that I learned this week:

1. The management at work get super special mechanical pencils.

I told my supervisor that I needed some pens, pencils, and post-it notes. The office supply lady wasn't at her desk the day before, so I thought since we were coming up on a holiday weekend that she might have been off on vacation. My supervisor took me to the supply closet and I picked out my pens, and post it notes, and she pointed out the mechanical pencils...so I grabbed a few of them. The supply lady WAS at work so my supervisor went to inform her of all we took from the closet...because it's very important to be closely monitored, you know. And the supply lady asked her what sort of pencils she gave me. The mechanical pencils, she tells the supply lady. Supply lady wasn't happy with that at all. I guess we are only suppose to get the regular ol' #2 pencils. So, I have a couple of the super special, for management people only, mechanical pencils.

2. I found this awesome website called couchsurfing.com.

It's a community of people who offer their homes up for people to come and stay with them for a night or two. There are people from all over the world that have opened up their homes to their fellow travelers. I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to use the website, but it's very cool none the less. Planning a trip in the near future? Like meeting new people? Hate being a tourist and want to know where the locals go? Then you need to check out couchsurfing.com.

3. My two boy cats are apparently thrilled by the gay marriage ruling made by the California Supreme Court. Proof:


1 comment:

  1. aw, the cats are adorable. They look so happy with each other.

    well, office theft is the most common crime. I guess offices are counting their pennies these days.

    ReplyDelete