Image Map

Friday, May 30, 2008

101/#13 & #14 - Sushi and Deadhorse



Picture by myself of our beautiful dinner plate.

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion." ~ Author Unknown

A few months ago there was an article in the paper about a new restaurant opening here in town. A true to goodness sushi place. The closest I've been to 'real' sushi is at the local chinese buffet. And I don't think that really counts. So, it's been on my list to go and check it out. Jeremy and I went early so it wasn't busy at all. The place has a very laid back feel, which was really good. If it had been all fancy I wouldn't have been able to be comfortable trying anything new there. We told the waitress that it was our first time to ever try sushi and we asked her a few questions about any sides that came with the order, sauces, etc. It didn't take us long at all to put our order in.



When she put the plate of food in front of us I was surprised. It was like art on a plate. Jeremy got a few snickers in as I tried to navigate the food with chop sticks. That might take some more practice, but I had fun trying. I tried everything on the plate. It was all delicious.



We cleaned the plate, as you can see. When we went to the register to pay, the cashier (who was not our waitress) brought up the fact of our sushi newbie status. She said that she thought it was pretty daring that we went right for the sashimi. Even though it probably wasn't THAT daring, it did make me smile. I can't wait to go back.



Next stop was the Deadhorse, a fairly new addition to our downtown area. Jeremy and I have both wanted to go down and check the place out. It's very rockabilly, retro. We both loved it. They bring in a lot of rock bands, local and from surrounding areas.



Last night was 'Hoot' night. Not one band, but members from different bands getting togther to play some music....Guns-n-Roses and Motley Crue covers, to be exact. You could tell that all the guys that got up there to play were having a great time. I'm glad my friend Sofia (Hi, Sofia!) invited us to go.

2 comments:

  1. what an amazing night to spend together! that first picture of you is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jin, you look... amazing! I L-O-V-E the haircut, of course anything looks good on you chica! Good to hear you guys had a great night out and then a great weekend to boot.

    Love ya, Kim

    ReplyDelete