Image Map

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Movie MeMe and Challenge



Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theater. ~Roman Polanski


Everyone loves movies and one thing we love from them are the great one liners!

Let’s have some fun with them.

Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Ok, so, here are my 10 movie quotes:

1. You'll be one of those grumpy old men sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, "My ass is twitching. Your people make my ass twitch." ~ FRENCH KISS. THANKS FOR PLAYING, SHANNON!

2. What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for? Every 5 minutes there's somethin', a bomb or somethin'. I'm leavin'. bzzzz. ~ THE FIFTH ELEMENT. MEGAN AND BRIANA BOTH GOT THIS ONE.

3. I refuse to play your Chinese food mind games!

4. Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!

5. Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan? ~ THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. GOOD GUESS, BRIANA

6. I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy! ~ FINDING NEMO; GOOD GUESS, JULIA! THANKS FOR PLAYING

7. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ~ THE PRINCESS BRIDE; ACE GUESSED FIRST, BUT DEWEY HAFTA ACEDEMY AND RHONDIEMARIE ALSO GUESSED RIGHT!!

8. Your work... is very dangerous and alive. And I love your poems; they move me. But that's not who you really are... You're running from your past and your pain. And yet you keep it so... close to you, so you don't have to be afraid of who you are... because you're beautiful. ~ THE SAINT. ANOTHER GOOD GUESS BY SHANNON

9. Okey dokey... free my mind. Right, no problem, free my mind, free my mind, no problem, right...

10. The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and that before this battle is over, even a god-king can bleed. ~ 300. BRIANA, AGAIN. THE GIRL KNOWS HER MOVIES

11 comments:

  1. Number 6 is from Finding Nemo! It's sad that this quote is the only one I know. (big sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo fun jinny!! i had to google your quotes to find out what movies they were from, you've got great film taste!
    i'm thinking i'm going to do this on my blog, to light things up!

    thanks for the inspiration. your space here in the world always makes me so hopeful :)

    much loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh, number 7 is the princess bride, that's my favourite movie. Fun game and thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In regards to my post, I have to think that this is just how to 20's, early, mid or late, it's just how then are. We're all running around pretending to be adults and some of us pretending to be children and we're neither. Let me know if you figure it out ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know you and you don't know me, but hello-it's-nice-to-meet-you! (I clicked on you from rhondiemarie's blog.)

    However, I can never let this particular Inigo Montoya quote pass by without notice, since it is my very favorite and I use it with my kids on a regular basis.

    Number 7 belongs to The Princess Bride.

    (No clue on any of the rest of them.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. number 7 is princess bride...and the word is INCONCEIVABLE.

    this is fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this game.. when i have more time i am def going to play!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm coming to you straight from rhondiemarie's blog.
    What a fun game!!! Sadly, the only one I knew was from The Princess Bride, also one of my faves!
    Nice to meet you...love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Briana (aka: Your favorite cuz) :)

    #2=Fifth Element!

    #5=Count of Monte Cristo--love, love, LOVE this movie!

    #10=Thought it was going to be Braveheart (one on my list as well) but it's TOTALLY 300...mmm Leonidas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that #1 is from French Kiss. I love that line so much and am always disappointed that people don't recognize it when I reference it.
    #8 is from The Saint. I love that movie so much and used to watch it over and over again.
    And #5, #7, #2 - all good ones that I knew already.
    I'm going to have to look up the others. Especially that one about "Chinese food games".
    What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stumbled upon your blog via blogherads and I absolutely love it. You are very funny and creative!! I may borrow some of your great ideas for posts (Like Mosaic of Me!).

    My guesses:

    #3 - Dude Where's My Car
    #4 - Transformers

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete