Image Map

Saturday, February 9, 2008

How do you know?



"It's so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you." ~ Author Unknown

On the morning show I listen to they were discussing the theory that when you are with 'THE ONE' you just know. They discussed it amongst themselves and took calls from other listeners. People calling in were contributing their stories of how THEY knew their partner was the one. The DJ's all seemed a little jaded.

The next day I went walking with my sister and I brought it up. She didn't agree with the original theory based on her own personal experience. I can't say I agree with it either. At least, not as a hard and fast rule. For one, I think that you have to be ready for that sort of commitment in order to decide that your mate is the right person to spend your life with. If you aren't ready for that serious next step then NO person you date will ever feel like the one. For two, I think that it is different for every one. This sort of falls into the same catagory as 'love at first sight'. Do I think that love at first sight is possible? Yes. Do I think that it is suppose to happen to every one? No.

For me, it wasn't something that I thought about. It wasn't something I had to think about. I didn't spend time wondering 'IS he the one? What if he ISN'T the one? Am I REALLY suppose to spend the rest of my life with him?' It wasn't something I had to talk myself into. It just something that was.

So, what do YOU think? How did you know he/she was 'THE ONE'?

No comments:

Post a Comment