Image Map

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Done!


“People give one another things that can't be gift wrapped.” ~ Nadine Gordimer

I'm finished wrapping all the Christmas gifts we have bought so far. The tree looks so nice with gifts underneath it...less lonely. It's been a frugal Christmas here at the Just Jinny household but that does not diminish the spirit of the season. I'm still just as excited as when we have tons of presents.

I can't wait to see my family and all the craziness that entails. My Grandma hands out 'gag gifts' every year to some unsuspecting family member. She might save something you did from years ago and use it...leaving you baffled as to why your name is being called in the first place. I haven't been called in years, which doesn't mean that this year won't be my year. I'm looking forward to see what she has up her sleeves. And then we play 'Dirty Santa', which is just the white elephant game with a different name. We can sometimes have 30-something people over, so it can take a while and it can get heated. There are usually some arguments (all in fun) about how many times a gift has been stolen and of course there is plotting going on.

On Christmas morning my Mom will make breakfast for us. And that means banana pancakes. My Mom's banana pancakes are out of this world good. She thinks I'm crazy for thinking so, but I don't care. No one can make them like she can. Christmas is the only time I get them. It's like a Christmas present from my Mom that I know I'm getting every year.

We have just a few more things to pick up, including our gifts for Dirty Santa, and then we will be done, done, DONE! The Christmas shoppers were out in full force today. Every place we went to (well, we only went to two places) and all the places we drove by..especially the mall..were super packed. It's getting down to the wire and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to go to the post office yesterday and it was CRAZY. And I finished wrapping all my Christmas presents yesterday too. I am really looking forward to Christmas, but I am also looking forward to the stores being back to normal!

    ReplyDelete