Image Map

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How to Charm Me



Surprise me with flowers that you say match my hair.

“Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” ~ Victor Hugo

And now I am going to share with you something I wrote on 3/31/06. I have been inspired by my new friend Maggie Ann to go find this old post and re-live my wedding day:

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. Jeremy and I will have been married for six years. It doesn't feel like it's been that long, but then it feels like we have been together forever.

I like to think about our wedding day. It keeps it fresh in my mind to recall all the details that I can remember. My shoes were too big and kept wanting to slip off my feet. I nearly put Jeremy's ring on the wrong hand. My Mom couldn't get her part of the unity candle to light. My sister sang, but I don't remember what songs. I was not the least bit nervous. It was the last time I saw my friend Marcie before she passed away from cancer. I had no idea what sort of food was going to be served at the reception(it was all delicious, of course). I didn't get to try the chocolate groom's cake and it looked really good. Our first dance was to a Shania Twain song, 'From This Moment'. It took an army to bustle the train of my gown. That day couldn't have been more perfect.

I can't say that the adventures of this marriage have been all peaches and cream. We have had our ups (all the way to the moon) and our downs (really, really far down there). But despite all the bad, which as certainly been outweighed by the good, I couldn't imagine going through it with anyone else besides Jeremy. We are always learning and growing in our friendship, relationship, and love. We admire one another, inspire each other, and love one another regardless of our flaws. We have a profound understanding of just how unique and special our marriage is.

And so I will end this blog with a verse from yet another Shanie Twain song, 'Forever and For Always':

"In your arms I can still feel the way you want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms"

I love you, Jeremy.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Six years, that's awesome.

    I'm so glad you wrote your memories about your wedding down. They were a delight to read. And those flowers, those flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly beautiful post! To be honest, I've always been scared of marriage but hope to try it anyway someday. This post gives me hope about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tear* I remember that day too!!! I love you sissy!!

    ReplyDelete